Fun is one of the main Belgian retailers in toys, gifts and garden equipment. The company was founded in 1925. Fun has a very wide range of top brands in baby items, toys, multimedia, school items, books, gifts, gift sets, outdoor toys and sports equipment. Fun sets the trend in a wide range of garden furniture, barbeques, and garden accessories. They also set the trend with a special range of Easter, Halloween and Christmas items. At the moment Fun has 33 offline stores in Belgium and a webshop based on e- commerce platform Magento.
Fun offers their products through offline stores and since November 2010 also through a Magento webshop. After the release of the webshop, the sales-potential soon became obvious, even with only 1.500 items online. Currently, there are 7.000 items online, and they want to move quickly to 20.000 items. In the back office Fun had already implemented a Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system. There was no integration between Dynamics NAV and the Magento webshop. Product data, orders, stock information, everything had to be re-keyed from NAV to Magento and vice versa. This was a time consuming task for 2 fulltime employees. Another challenge was that it was not possible to get a good insight in the sales results from the e-commerce channel. Reports about sales were not available. The need for integration became more and more urgent. The integration must also work together with the already installed NAV add-on LS-Retail. So Fun started looking for a cost effective automatic integration solution between both systems, and that’s where the Magento Connector for Dynamics NAV came in.
The Magento connector integrates Dynamics NAV with Magento. Information can be synchronised from NAV to Magento nearly real time. The connector works seamless with the already installed add-on LS retail due to easy custom mapping possibility in the connector. Product data, customer data, stock and orders can be synchronised. Orders can be retrieved from the webshop and processed in NAV. After synchronising the data, Fun could also take advantage of their existing BI-environment to get a thorough understanding of how the business is going.
- Business type:
- Retail (B2C)
- Consumer goods
- LS Retail
- The Fun Webshop can now be maintained from one place (Dynamics NAV)
- If the products are available in NAV they can now automatically be processed to the webshop, it makes no difference for the connector if you have 1000 or 20.000 items
- Manual re-keying of information is no longer needed. This is very cost effective, less prone to errors and it saves the employees a lot of time.
- The efficiency in the processing of sales orders has increased.
- Future growth is now supported.
- Real time item updates are automatically processed.
- Sales orders and customer information are automatically imported and processed in NAV. This is the firm base needed for further logistic processing of the orders.
- Insight in business performance is now much increased by real time integration in the BI-environment to analyze sales in the e-commerce channel. Data is always up to date on both sides.