Product Information Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
In Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central there is no solution available to manage and maintain structured product data to distribute to different sales channels like webshops and marketplaces. That’s why we have included in the Tinx E-commerce Connector an advanced Product Information Management (PIM) solution. First lets have a look to the definition of a PIM.
Product information management (PIM) means managing the information required to market and sell products through distribution channels.
Forget the endless internal sharing of spreadsheets and manual processes that lead to delays, errors and inconsistent information. With the Tinx PIM solution, you can stay focused on delivering accurate, rich, and enhanced content to your customers – anywhere and everywhere.
Main functions within the Product Information Management solution in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central:
- Multi- Language
- Replicate Item information
- Tools available to automate the enrichment of data to the items
- Import and Export data (Rapid Start)
Thanks to the flexible structure it is also possible to include third-party add-on tables (like LS Retail, IT Suits Fashion etc.) into our PIM Solution.
Import & Export data
Bring products to market faster
Import | Validate | Manage | Publish Data
Important reasons why Tinx customers work with the most advanced Product Information Management solution in Business Central
- Write the best product information which are describing the items you sell in an excellent way; Use the Web Text part in our PIM;
- Define custom options for an item, custom options let customers choose the product variations they want;
- Add unlimited images to an item. Define the formats how the images should be displayed on the sales channels: Base image or thumbnail;
- Let your customers find in a very easy way the products they are searching for. Define a good product structure for the best customer experience;
- Up-Sell Links: Up-sell products are items that your customer might prefer instead of the product currently viewed. An item offered as an up-sell might be of a higher quality, more popular, or have better profit margin. Up-sell products appear on the product page, under a heading such as, “You may also be interested in the following product(s).”
- Assign Cross-Sell links to items. These items can appear both in the product page and in the shopping cart but they are a bit like an impulse buy – similar to items at the cash registers in grocery stores
- Define Related Links for an item. These items also appear in the product info page, but they are products that are meant to be purchased in addition to the one that the customer is viewing.
- SEO Info: Meta Title & Meta Description Define meta data for an item like: Meta description & Meta Title. Meta data is your first level of contact with potential customers who are searching for a product. Your title and description are selling tools that will either help to motivate a visitor to click your link or not. It is wise to use a descriptive title and a description that includes relevant words that a potential customer might search.
- Group collections of items together: Bundle, Grouped or Configurable Items
- Configurable Items: Assign items to a configurable product. A configurable product looks like a single product with drop-down lists of options for each variation. Each option is actually a separate simple product with a unique Item No / Variant Code, which makes it possible to track inventory for each product variation.